Friday 10 September 2010

On the first day I was really nervous walking into Denmark Hall with everybody milling around. I was shown to a table where there was a sheet with my name on it and as I looked down and saw my name I thought...this is me, here I go. I really am a Red Maid now! A sixth former came up to me and I noticed she had really nice turquoise eye shadow on which made her eyes really stand out. As she talked to me she told me that she was my Big Girl's sister so I smiled at her even more.
The first assembly was quite nerve-racking looking back and seeing loads of bigger girls and when everyone stood up to sing the noise of it echoed round the room. The hymn was a sort of welcome back hymn and everyone you looked at was smiling and singing. There were loads of eyes looking at us and it felt quite weird.
Lunch was very tasty. I had salad with tomatoes and cucumber and some French stick bread. Pudding was called Melba sponge and it had a fruity flavour. I sat with four other Year 7s and we talked about all sorts of things. Lunch break is really good because you can choose whatecver you want to do, such as going outside, chat, go into the library or a club like Chatterbox or Netball.
The lessons went really quickly. We had History, PE and English. My favourite thing was doing a murder mystery in history. I had loads of new books and stationery and my bag was really heavy by the end of the day.
We went bowling with our tutor and a sixth former and it was great to relax with everybody and I got half a strike which was really cool.
I went to bed early after all that but I couldn't sleep very well at first because I was so excited. I really couldn't wait for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment