Thursday 25 November 2010

Hi everyone,

Well, Founder's Day was AMAZING! I was woken up at 8 o'clock (a lie-in yipee!) by my alarm clock which switches to Heart Radio AND projects a picture of the time on the wall. My mum was coming to Founder's Day so she took me in the car and we had quite a long time stuck in traffic, but it was great to see all the Red Maids making their way into the centre. Lots of them were holding Starbucks which was just as well as it was pretty cold. Apparently it has never rained on Founder's Day - 376 years!

The service was a bit long but the singing was really lovely because you could hear the choir coming from behind the choir stalls and even though the sun was in my eyes, it seemed really mysterious and exciting. The Dean spoke and we all thought he did a really good job and made some funny jokes too.

After the service we got a free afternoon. We had lunch at Browns and then we went to see Harry Potter. The cinema was full of Red Maids. We could have all sung the Te Deum together! I think this Harry Potter is the best of all the series.
Talk soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time at Founders Day. Do you still get the commemorative coins?

    ReplyDelete