Wednesday 9 March 2011

Hi there!

Well today is Teddy Bear Day! This means that you can bring in your teddy for £1 and the money goes to charity. I have got mine next to me now. He's a Tatty Teddy with a patch on his forehead and really small eyes. The reason I brought him in is because he is my favourite. He's a good portable size and really cute. We were taught a bit about the history of the teddy bear in RM7 assembly and I found out that they were inspired by Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt, the American president. He was going to shoot a bear one day but it was tied to a rock and he felt bad about it so didn't. Someone - I think they were called the Mitchums - made a replica bear to remember the whole incident and it really caught on.

We had parents evening this week and I didn't go but waited eagerly at home. When my parents got out of the car I put my thumbs up hopefully and for a joke they stuck their thumbs down! I shrieked and then they started laughing because luckily it went well!

We are going on an awesome French trip - or le trip francais as I like to call it. We are going to Normandy where we will be making biscuits and we will be going to a boulangerie where we have to do some real shopping in French. I'm not sure what sort of place we're staying in yet but I will let you know! It's in July so it could be HOT.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment